The Sulfur Creek Trestle was rebuilt after the war and railroad traffic on the Tennessee and Alabama Central Railway continued until 1986. The rebuilt trestle was eventually filled in with dirt as it exist today. It stands about 60 feet above Sulfur Creek and is about 1000 feet in length. The track and cross ties have been removed and the surface is covered with fine gravel. It is now used for walking, bicycling, and horse riding as a part of the “Rail to Trails”, which runs from the Tennessee State Line to about 4.3 miles south of the trestle to Piney Chapel Road.